Monday 19 September 2011

New impasto abstract, "Red Queen In Autumn"











































Oil on Canson Figueras sized painting paper, 40 x 36 cm.  



... and a couple of details:



































































These details will lead to further paintings I think, this time..   I need to explore working with broader strokes using larger brushes or ideally larger painting knives.

Loving my new Mameiri Classico Cadmium Red Light.

The title also refers to an Italian "giallo" film, "La Dama Rossa Uccide Sette Volte", English title "The Red Queen Kills Seven Times".  It has a brilliant  Bruno Nicolai soundtrack which I've been listening to a lot lately.  I find a lot of his work autumnal, in an exciting blustery way.  Here's a highlight, 


Red Queen In Autumn  etsy link






No comments:

Post a Comment