Wednesday 18 January 2012

High summer revisited, mid-January

Summer Storm (II)
oil on gallery wrap canvas, 12 x 10 inches
Here I was revisiting an older painting idea, 
but aiming for a slightly different look, darker and more loose with less clearly defined shapes.










I

























 I don't normally post such large closeups at full size but in this case I think it's necessary as my camera doesn't capture the effect of looking at the complete painting well at all!  I suppose that's only to be expected as it only has one lens for a start- like listening to an elaborate stereo track in mono!  
Violets and mauves are notoriously elusive, a camera really can never properly replicate the optical blending effects within our visual systems.  The experience of standing in front of a painting is so much more of a rich, multisensory experience. I hope one day to be able to have short video clips (in 3d?! hmm...) ranging over the painting, rather than static shots only. 


etsy link

No comments:

Post a Comment